Welcome to Carter Crane Hire
We have been in the plant hire industry for over 40 years and are members of the Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA) with company director Nick Carter having completed a term as the south-west area representative.
In addition to being a CPA member, we are also members of the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) and BSi (the national standards body for the UK). We also hold the prestigious ISO 9001:2008 quality assurance seal of approval.
Our aim is to provide a reliable, speedy and economical service, using our highly experienced heavy lifting team and technology, for a service tailored to customer requirements. With our construction, transport and training departments, we are able to offer our customers a wide ranging service:
- Based on CPA terms and conditions for standard crane hire and full contract lifts
- Public and Products liability insurance
- “On hook” insurance if required
- Insurance cover for third party damage to our cranes
- Contract lift hire – involving risk assessments, method statements, lift plans, labour and insurance that reduces stress to the client and conform with PUWER, LOLER and BS7121 ACoPs that encompass lifting regulations
- Skilled labour:
- Slinger / signallers
- Crane operators
- Appointed persons
- Crane / lifting supervisors
- All CPCS and NPORS qualified